CLIENT // European Union Delegation to the U.S.
SOLUTION // European Union Events Mobile App
MY WORK //
- Consulted with the European Union Delegation on strategy and requirements
- Utilized the Human-Centered Design approach to better understand end users’ goals, needs, problems, and current technology usage to inform the strategy
- Designed, developed, tested, and deployed the full mobile app to the App Store in just 6 weeks!
I utilized a form of Agile called Rapid Application Development (RAD) because it emphasizes working software and user feedback over planning and documentation.
THE PROJECT //
Worked with the European Union Delegation to create the European Union Events Mobile App, which is the ultimate guide to EU Events in the U.S. organized by Delegation of the European Union to the United States, EU Member States, and partner organizations.
The EU Delegation needed the mobile app finished in time for their annual European Month of Culture festivities, we only had 4 weeks of development time (2 weeks to submit the app to App Store and seek approval), so I showed up to the first meeting with the first draft of the wireframes (see below). They loved it and gave approval to start development.
With the style tile and wireframes approved, I directed the designers on the visual design of the mobile app that sought to capture the spirit of the EU brand as well as the exciting cultural events they showcase.
The EU Events app highlights the EU in the US Event Series, including:
- Conversations in Culture featuring different cultural presentations from various EU countries;
- EU Rendez-Vous focusing on substantive policy areas;
- EU Embassies’ Open House opening their doors to the public;
- European Month of Culture, filled with art, dance, theater, exhibits and many more cultural presentations throughout May;
- Kids’ Euro Festival—designed for children of all ages—each fall;
- EU/AFI Film Festival presenting a wide variety of European films to DC metro audiences.
And other events:
- Member State Events organized by one or more of our 28 Member States Embassies and/or Consulates in the United States;
- Partner Events including the European Institute, the Atlantic Council, European-American Chambers of Commerce, and many more.